Fatal or potentially fatal incidents must be reported to the BHPA, Air Accident Investigation Branch (AAIB) and Police immediately.
Download the Incident Report Form Here:
The address to post to is at the top of the form.
• Involve injury, whether to participants or others.
• Involve damage to property, third party or not.
• May give rise to an insurance or legal claim.
• Involve non-standard equipment or techniques.
• Involve failed or malfunctioned equipment.
• Highlight safety points or were unusual.
• You feel the sport may learn from.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me to report any incident, if you want to ask if an incident needs reporting or not, or just to discuss any safety issue.
By sharing your experience, other pilots might not make the same mistake. Secondly, by showing that safety incidents don't have to involve a fatality, we can convince our insurance company that free flying is like most other sports.
Accidents rarely happen by chance. Most accidents occur because a chain of events come together - most of the time we get away with it; sometimes we don't.