Loop League 2016
|Loop League - Where The Bollocks of Dogs Fly|
|Pilot||Glider||Total||Flight 1||Flight 2||Flight 3||Flight 4||Flight 5||Flight 6|
|1||Brian Stewart||Gradient Aspen 4||46.5||28.9||9.2||8.4|
|2||Jim Ashley||Advance Sigma 9||27.9||11.1||8.7||8.1|
|3||Gragam Jones||Advance Sigma 9||20.1||11.1||9.0|
|4||Yannick Le Gall||Skywalk Chili 3||16.9||16.9|
|5||Simon Blake||Ozone Delta 2||14.0||7.0||7.0|
|6||John Murphy||Niviuk Artik 4||12.3||12.3|
Loop League Rules 2016
The loop league be run again this year, it will work to mostly the same rules as last year, with one major rule change.
As last year only flights done on EN-C wings and below only will be allowed in the loop league.
The loop league is run to encourage pilots fly that little bit further, to experiment with what is possible, to break the chain and leave the hill, if only for a while. Circuit flights are the future for paragliders.
You don’t need a hot ship to fly circuits, Krzysztof Telus proved that last year by winning the loop league on an EN-B and completing a 30km FAI triangle in the process.
The rules are:
- The league will mostly be run by the same rules as the National XC League:
- You must enter your flight into the Pennine section of the NXCL
- So the flight must be valid and follow the NXCL rules
- Submit flights here http://www.xcleague.com
- Club flights are FREE to submit in the NXCL
- As the NXCL, it will run from 1st November to 31st October
- Minimum circuit flight for a club flight is 5km
- Flight will get the same multiplier as in the NXCL, and therefore score as per the NXCL
- All flights must have a valid GPS track log, no witness flights allowed
- Full rules in detail to be found here: http://www.xcleague.com/xc/info/rulesflights.html
- Please enter any flights done since 1st November NOW - enter these soon or they will not be allowed. Generally flights must be entered within two weeks of completion. But as the league has only just gone live you have a few weeks to enter flights done over the winter
The Loop League is here: http://www.penninesoaringclub.org.uk/competitions/loop-league
- Flights HAVE to be submitted to the XC league as a circuit flight; Out and Return, Flat Triangle or FAI Triangle
- This is a change from last year when a flight could be entered as a turnpoint flight and the loop organiser would then manually score that flight as a loop, this created too much work for the organiser!
- The Loop League trophy be awarded for the pilot scoring the most from his best six loop flights