I was contacted by the Arqiva Engineer responsible for access up to the Winter Hill mast and our take off.
Arqiva have recently changed the lock code on the gates due a number of unauthorised access issues by the general public, gaining access to the moor with their vehicles.
Arqiva believe this is due to the gates being left open/unlocked or the lock being left on the code making it very easy for someone to press the button to gain access.
A number of times the engineer has been called out in the early hours of the morning to release a member of the public that has been locked in.
We are not the only users of the access track and they have communicated the same to other organisations that have the access codes, to ensure continued use we need to make sure we abide by the rules being set by the landowner, United Utilities, and Arqiva who look after the mast.
- Generally only the lower gate will be locked.
- If both gates are locked they will have the same code.
- The lock codes will be changed every 3 months or sooner if required.
- Do not allow anyone to tailgate you through the gate.
- Make sure the gate is locked shut behind you. Do not leave unlocked, even if you know another member will be on their way in a few minutes.
- On securing the lock ensure you scramble the code, DO NOT leave it on the unlock code.
- PSC members must obtain the code from a member of the committee, DO NOT distribute it further.
- Report any suspicious behaviour to a member of the committee.
To obtain the code please speak to or PM (WhatsApp/text/email/FB messenger) one of the committee members who will provide you with the code.
Going forward I will be on the distribution list for the new codes, therefore as soon as a new code is communicated to me I will ask members to contact one of the committee to obtain the new code.
PSC Sites Officer